Our Pat Building was the former fire station in Darlington. State survey document the build as built ca. 1905 but the date on the build suggest it was 1871. “Our Pat” is a steam driven fire engine that was purchased in 1882 from the City of Charlestown. It was originally named “Young America.” Also in 1882, a daughter was born to Mayoy and Mrs. Woods. She was named Martha DoBose but the family called her “Pat” and was known as the town’s baby. The Mayor and Fire Department agreed rename the engine “Our Pat” after Martha. Chief James Stone, Jr. was instrumental in restoring “Our Pat” and the building is dedicated to him.
Location: Darlington, South Carolina