Posted in Instagram

This building in Edgefield was built about 1894, it was a general store, then a furniture store, and then a hardware store, all before 1920. Today it is the home of Carolina Moon Distillery

Posted in Instagram

The Angle Oak is estimated to be 400-500 years old. The oak derives its name from the estate of Justus Angel and his wife, Martha Waight Tucker Angel

Posted in Instagram Spartanburg County

Smith Legal Group’s building was built in 1900. It was formerly the home of the Piedmont Steakhouse, which operated in the building between 1910 and 1997

Posted in Instagram

Zaccheus Wright House. This Neo-Classical home was built in 1912 by Zaccheus Wright, a cotton mill executive

Posted in Instagram

William Barret Travis was born near Johnston, SC in 1809. Travis was commissioned as a lieutenant colonel of the Texian Army. Travis was the commander of the Alamo garrison died in the battle of the Alamo. The famously penned the “Victory or Death” letter from the Alamo

Posted in Instagram

Bethlehem UMC in Bishopville was built in 1914 as the Bishopville Methodist Episcopal Church

Posted in Instagram York County

Built about 1900 in Clover, SC. The first story windows original looked similar to the arched windows on the second story

Posted in Instagram

Boral Brick factory in Van Wyck started as Ashe Brick Co in the 1890s by William Newton Ashe. Ashe moved his company to Van Wyck in about 1926. The company was sold to Boral Bricks in 1986. This building was built around 1980 and is the only building that remains of the former brick plant after it closed in 2012

Posted in Instagram York County

The W.L. Hill Store, built in 1913, is an historic three story department store located in the town of Sharon, SC. This store is the type you would find in a large city, not a <500 person town. The 3rd level was tarped off, but is said to be just like the 2nd floor, but with pine floors. The building is still in use by several businesses

Posted in Instagram

Huntington Beach State Park was leased from the Brookgreen Trustees in 1960. It is on the property formerly owned by Archer and Anna Hyatt Huntington. Be sure to visit the Atalata Castle while you are there