The Coggeshall Building was built ca. 1905. The Coggeshall family opened their dry goods store beginning in 1893 and moved to this building in the first decade of the twentieth century. It was the second oldest general merchandise store in the county. The family operated the store until the 1980s. The building was damaged in fires in 1925 and 1995, mostly on the second floor.
Photo taken at: Darlington, South Carolina