Posted in Instagram

St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church was established in 1839 and built in 1854. This church was originally a chapel of ease until 1889. It is the oldest continuous church and oldest public building in Ridgeway

Posted in Instagram York County

The T. G. Patrick Store was built ca. 1876. The Patrick family moved to the area from York County around 1870 and was instrumental in developing the White Oak community by building houses, stores, and a church. Thomas G. Patrick opened a general merchandise store around 1876 which served the surrounding rural area

Posted in Instagram

The Argent train Engine No. 7 was built by the H.K. Porter Company around 1910 and used by the Argent Lumber Company. This narrow gauge train is a rarity

Posted in Horry County Instagram

The Conway City Hall and formerly the Horry County Courthouse was built in 1824. It was reputedly designed by Robert Mills

Posted in Instagram

The Pinopolis Methodist Church was built in 1900. The first mention of this congregation was in 1887, it was likely established around that time. The church was built with long leaf pine at a cost of about $600-700

Posted in Instagram

This building in Marion was home to the Professional Pharmacy. The building was built in 1896

Posted in Instagram

The Charlie Zimmerman House was built ca. 1890 in Glenn Springs

Posted in Instagram York County

The historic Bratton Store at 1 N Congress Street in York, SC was built between 1810 and 1820

Posted in Instagram

The Culp House was built ca. 1857 for Benjamin Dudley Culp, a prosperous businessman in early Union. In 1876, Gen. Wade Hampton, running for governor, made a campaign speech from the second-story portico

Posted in Instagram

The Carolina Thread Trail crosses from near Lancaster SC to Waxhaw NC via this suspension walking bridge. The bridge connects Twelve Mile Creek Trail with the Walnut Creek Park Segment of the Carolina Thread Trail