Posted in Instagram

The Herring-Jones-Calhoun House was built ca 1899 by John A. Herring

Posted in Instagram

The W.Q.M. Berly House was built in 1904 as a Victorian cottage town farmhouse

Posted in Instagram

The People’s Free Library in Lowrys, SC was started by Pharmacist Dr. Delano Fitzgerald (from Baltimore, MD). This library was built in 1903 and operated until 1954. It is now a museum

Posted in Instagram

The Isaac Edwards General Store (right) was built in 1904. The Isaac Edwards Undertaking (left) was an addition to the building in 1906. Isaac Edwards also would become a member of the state house of representatives

Posted in Darlington County Instagram

The Willcox & Company Building was built in 1890. The building was originally used as a drugstore and was the Davis O.B. Drug Store until 1941

Posted in Instagram York County

The Wilson House was built in 1828 and was originally used as the Yorkville Jail. During reconstruction the building again used as a jail by federal troops to imprison Ku Klux Klan members. During these years, the old jail at York held many Klan members and was referred to locally as the “United States Hotel

Posted in Instagram

The Kingston Presbyterian Church is believed to be established in 1734 (first documented in 1756). This building was built in 1858

Posted in Instagram

101 W. Main in Union is a commercial building built in 1890

Posted in Instagram

The Laurie Fulmer Grocery Store in Chapin was built ca. 1915

Posted in Instagram

Cassique of the Kiawah, chief of the Kiawah Indians. Responsible for guiding colonists to what became the first Charleston settlement at Charlestown Landing