Posted in Instagram

This building in Union was constructed around 1884. The building was expanded (made deeper) around 1894, and again around 1910. It was the home of dry goods and department stores before 1920

Posted in Instagram

Built before 1896, this building served as a General Store on Shelby Street in Blacksburg, SC

Posted in Instagram

Established in 1908. The history of the church originates in 1889 with nine members. In 1894 the church discontinued services, then reorganized in 1908 with 15 members

Posted in Instagram

This building in North, SC is currently being restored. It was built in 1910 and was a furniture and general merchandise store during the 1920’s. It recently had been used as a warehouse

Posted in Instagram Union County

The Union County Jail, attributed to Robert Mills, is a two-storied, Palladian style structure of granite ashlar construction, built in 1823. Mills recommended that a caretaker’s apartment be placed to overlook the prison, an idea seen in the sheriff’s apartment at the Union Jail. The exterior of the jail has received two additions since 1900 and the interior has undergone extensive alteration

Posted in Instagram

The former Hotel Oregon was built in 1909 by Dr. Clarence Oakman, a respected pharmacist from Charleston. The hotel name was changed to the Hotel Sloan in 1916 and the Spartan Hotel in 1918. Area developers restored the former hotel and reopened it in 2013 as Magnolia Lofts apartments

Posted in Instagram

The Pageland Manufacturing Company made furniture and building materials. Established c. 1910, it’s products range from ruff to dressed lumber

Posted in Instagram

Coca-Cola advertising over a Pepsi-Cola advertisement. “Refreshing Healthful” was a Pepsi slogan

Posted in Instagram

The 1808 Frederick Ergle cabin. The home is thought to be the oldest remaining residential dwelling in Aiken County

Posted in Instagram

The Olde (Lancasterville) Presbyterian Church in Lancaster was built in 1862 and is the first brick church in Lancaster County. The congregation formed in 1835 and built its first church on this site shortly afterwards, which was replaced with this structure