Posted in Instagram

The C. H. Ragsdale’s Store in Blair was built in 1915. It was a general store run by Claude Hunter Ragsdale, Sr

Posted in Instagram

The New Zion AME congregation was first established in 1857. This building was rebuilt in 1949 and used until 2012 when it moved to their new building in Wisacky⁠⠀

Posted in Instagram

The H.W. Crouch store was built in 1904. H.W. Crouch as a prominent merchant in Johnston during the early twentieth century

Posted in Instagram

This building on Dargan in Florence was built in 1920. It was recently restored and is now to home of a WBTW TV office

Posted in Instagram

The Bank of Holly Hill vault dates between 1905 and 1915. The bank re-chartered as the First National Bank of Holly Hill. The bank lives on as the First National Bank of South Carolina. This vault is a Victor Safe and Lock Co

Posted in Instagram

The Bank of Holly Hill opened in 1905, but burned down in 1907 and rebuilt at the same location. In 1915, the bank re-chartered as the First National Bank of Holly Hill. This building is empty but the bank lives on as the First National Bank of South Carolina

Posted in Instagram York County

The Springfield Plantation House is one of the oldest documented frame buildings in York County, thought to be built in 1790, but document to be built before 1806. The house has never left the ownership of the Springs family, which has provided economic, political, and agricultural leadership to the area and the nation

Posted in Anderson County Instagram

The John C. Calhoun Hotel was built in 1924. It was built to help promote business in the downtown area and is an example of early 20th century hotels

Posted in Instagram

The Chesterfield County Courthouse was built in 1884 to replaced the courthouse believed to be burned by Sherman’s troops in 1865. The front porch and rear addition was added in 1935 as a WPA project. The building stopped being used as a courthouse in 1978

Posted in Instagram

The Beaver Creek Presbyterian Church was founded in 1771 in rural Kershaw. The congregation was relocated to its current site near Robinson’s Crossroads in 1856. This sanctuary was built around 1930⁠