Posted in Instagram

The Bank of Calhoun Falls

Posted in Instagram

The Oak Grove’s Plantation House was built ca. 1790 by the A. J. Cloud Family

Posted in Instagram

The Rembert Methodist Church is believed to be one of the earliest Methodist congregations in South Carolina, organizing in 1785. The first church was built in 1797. The cemetery was established in 1800 and the present meeting house style church was built ca. 1835. The congregation was relocated in 1962, but the building is still used for special occasions

Posted in Instagram

This building was built in ca. 1900 by Dr. B.F. Posey as a drug store. Through the years it was Kohen Dry Goods, Ball Dry Goods, Burn’s Grocery, Doug Brown Grocery, and Doug Brown Shoes

Posted in Instagram

The Hubbard’s Hardware building was built ca. 1911 as a livestock sales stable

Posted in Instagram

The Alfred H. Foster House was built ca. 1904. Alfred Harrison Foster built this home after the house that had previously stood on the site burned to the ground. Alfred Foster’s grandfather, Abiel Foster, served in the US Congress for 14 years and was a friend of George Washington

Posted in Instagram Spartanburg County

The Timrod Library was built in 1910 by the Timrod Library Association, which was established by the woman of Woodruff in 1902. The Timrod Library was the first branch to join the Spartanburg County Public Library system in 1950. The library was replaced in 1975 with an new library. In 2007, the building was renovated and restored

Posted in Instagram

The P. C. J. Weston House and Pelican Inn was built in the late 1840s by Plowden Charles Jenrette Weston, whom would become Lt. Governor in 1862. It was sold to William St. Julien Mazyck in 1864, who sold the house to Atlantic Coast Lumber Company in 1901. The company permitted its employees to vacation here

Posted in Instagram

The William Harrison Sapp House was built about 1897, and expanded in 1912. Dr. William Harrison Sapp was a prominent local physician and the intersection he lived at was called Sapp’s Crossroads because of him. After William’s death, his son Eugene Vance Sapp, a teacher and a former Lancaster County School Board member, lived in the house until his death in 1995

Posted in Instagram

The St. John UMC in Graniteville was completed in 1848 and was designed by J. B. White of Charleston. Graniteville founder, William Gregg, donated the land to churches if they utilized reputable architects to design the church