Posted in Abbeville County Instagram

Frazier-Pressly House

Posted in Abbeville County Instagram

Philomathean Literary Society Hall, on the Erskine College Quad, was built in 1859

Posted in Abbeville County Instagram

Trinity Episcopal Church in Abbeville was founded in 1842. Columbia architect George Walker designed the building in the French Gothic style. Construction completed in 1860. Preservation South Carolina is currently working to restore this church

Posted in Abbeville County Instagram

David Poliakoff founded D. Poliakoff dry goods store on Abbeville’s court square in 1900. Poliakoff was one of a very few Jewish Families in the area and the family operated the store until 2000

Posted in Abbeville County Instagram

Built in 1908, this Opera House was designed by Darlington native William Augustus Edwards. An arcade connects the Abbeville Opera House to the adjoining Municipal Center, which Edwards also designed. This building is still actively used by theater groups

Posted in Abbeville County Instagram

Built in 1908, this Beaux Art style courthouse was designed by Darlington native William Augustus Edwards

Posted in Abbeville County Instagram

This rustic house is located at Suber Rd and SC-284 in the Antreville area of Abbeville County. The house appears to be early 20th century and looks like it was looks as if was abandoned in the 1980s

Posted in Abbeville County Instagram

The original stable was built of wood the 1840s, but it was consumed by the 1872 fire that swept through Abbeville. This current stable was built in the late 1870s on the site of the original stable. It is now a farmers market and can be rented for events