Posted in Instagram

This railroad over railroad bridge is located in the small town of Catawba South Carolina. Bottom is CSX, above Norfolk Southern

Posted in Instagram York County

This building was built in 1946. This area saw a growth boom post-WW2 due to the location near the Rock Hill Airport (at the time) and the Country Club Estates that were being built. This building is now threatened by the proposed widening of SC-121

Posted in Instagram Newberry County

Prosperity SC was originally known as “Frog Level” because, according to tradition, of its low-lying land and the abundance of frogs in the surrounding ponds. Frog Level existed from about 1827 until 1873 when the town was renamed after the Prosperity Associate Reformed Presbyterian (ARP) Church, which was established in 1802

Posted in Instagram

The Joseph Wylie Building was built ca. 1875 as the Wylie & Company mercantile store in the main section, and an angled corner portion that was the grocery department. Joseph Wylie and Company was one of Chester’s two large general mercantile house from the 1870s until it closed in 1930

Posted in Instagram

St. Boniface Catholic Church in Joanna was built and established in 1949⁠

Posted in Instagram York County

The Wall that Heals, a traveling Vietnam Veterans Memorial wall, is in Rock Hill until Sunday at 2PM. The wall contains the names of the 58,276 members of the military members that died while in Vietnam

Posted in Instagram

The M. E. Rutland Carriage Works building was built in 1905. The building was later the J. L. Cato Grocery store. The black iron “Carriages” lettering on the parapet is the original signage

Posted in Instagram York County

PBS Charlotte filming the Fort Mill Lanterns and Legends tour for an episode of “Trail of History.” This episode is titled “Fort Mill and the Anne Springs Close Greenway” and first aired 12/19/2017

Posted in Instagram

Timms Attic, in Hartsville, removed some paneling off the walls uncovering this advertisement on the side of the building next door

Posted in Instagram

This home was formerly owned by Grover Alverson who ran the Alverson Store in Carlisle for 35 years. It was built around ca 1890-1900