Posted in Instagram

Built between 1820-1830, this house went through a series of owners until it was remodeled and expanded in the 1850s. A business called Heath, Springs & Company then purchased the property in 1888, and textile magnate Leroy Springs made the house his residence. The house remained a residence until 1957 when the town purchased it and utilized it as its city hall until 2000. Today the Springs House serves as the Lancaster County Council for the Arts

Posted in Instagram York County

This York County Jail was built in 1920. You can now live in jail as the building has been converted to apartments

Posted in Instagram

This 4,392 sq ft home was built in 1900. It features 4 bedrooms and an upstairs office that overlooks the town of North

Posted in Instagram

The Wells Japanese Garden was designed by W. Fulmer Wells, Newberry native and architect. The garden is a small landscaped park which was privately developed in 1930 and donated to the city for public use in 1971

Posted in Instagram

Buffalo Mill construction began in 1900, and the two seven-story towers were built in 1901. These towers are all that remains of the old Buffalo Mill. The mill was designed by W. B. Smith Whaley

Posted in Instagram

1. Founded around 1755, The most well-known member of Waxhaw Presbyterian is Andrew Jackson, the seventh president of the United States. This current building was built in 1896, then remodeled and covered in brick in 1942. 2. Statue is a memorial to Elizabeth Hutchinson Jackson, mother of Andrew Jackson. 3 & 4. Resting place of General William Richardson Davie, founder of University of North Carolina and Governor of NC (1798). 5 & 6. DAR monument

Posted in Instagram

The Bank of Lancaster was built during the cotton mill boom and was constructed in 1907. The two-story building also housed retail space and served as the local opera house

Posted in Instagram

The Jeffries House is one of the oldest and most significant residences remaining in Gaffney. The house is the work of local builder Leander Baker and is the best example of the residential Italianate style in Gaffney. It was built in 1884 for prominent planter and landowner Colonel Samuel Jeffries

Posted in Instagram

1. Old Newberry Bank established c.1852. It is now a restaurant. 2. The columned classic revival structure was built in 1912 to house another financial institution and is now a Wells Fargo

Posted in Instagram Spartanburg County

Spartanburg Herald Journal Building