Posted in Instagram

Prince William Parish Church, later known as Sheldon Church, was built between 1745-1753. The church was set on fire in 1779 by British troops during the Revolutionary War. It was rebuilt in 1826 and burned again in 1865, near the end of the Civil War. It was never rebuilt

Posted in Instagram

The Chester County Courthouse was constructed in 1852

Posted in Instagram

Fort Dorchester is a tabby fort constructed in July 1775. During the American Revolution, Dorchester was a strategic point. The magazine was fortified and the garrison commanded by Capt. Francis Marion. British troops occupied the town in April 1780. They were driven out by cavalry and infantry under Col. Wade Hampton and Gen. Nathanael Greene on December 1, 1781

Posted in Instagram

Main Street in Honea Path

Posted in Instagram

This abandoned building is on SC-151 Business (S Pearl St) in Pageland. Does anyone know what this was and its history?

Posted in Colleton County Instagram

The former post office building in Walterboro was constructed as part of the new deal. The building, which was completed in 1937, is now privately owned

Posted in Instagram York County

Ebenezer Academy, built in 1860, is a historic school building in the former town of Ebenezer (now Rock Hill). The school was established before 1819 by the Ebenezer Presbyterian Church and was part of Rock Hill Public Schools from 1888-1950. The original building burned in 1859

Posted in Instagram

Prince Frederick’s Parish was formed from Prince George’s (established 1721) on April 9, 1734 and this church was erected here between 1737–1750. It was occupied by British troops during the Revolutionary War, at which time the interior was badly burned

Posted in Instagram

The Colleton County Courthouse was built in 1820 in the Greek Revival style. The first meeting on nullification was held in the building in 1828

Posted in Instagram

Lake Wateree State Park was acquired by the state in 1982. It is a busy boating and fishing destination