Posted in Instagram

Lake Oliphant is 40-acres lake that provides fishing opportunities for largemouth bass, bluegill, shell-cracker and catfish

Posted in Instagram

John F. Floyd started an undertaking business in 1886. In the 1920s, Floyd’s home (built in 1900) on North Church Street was converted into a mortuary

Posted in Instagram

Main Street Lynchburg, SC

Posted in Instagram

The U.S. Post Office and Courthouse in Charleston was finished in 1896. This building replaced a guardhouse and armory on Trott’s wharf that was destroyed by the 1886 Charleston earthquake. The original post office in Charleston was established by George III in 1740

Posted in Instagram

St. Paul United Methodist Church was organized in 1898. The simple framed building was replaced with this grand brick building in 1917

Posted in Instagram

Built in 1823, it was originally known as the Ainsley Hall House. The property was used as a campus for three different religious schools and was the original home for Winthrop University in 1886

Posted in Instagram

Edgefield County Courthouse was built in 1839

Posted in Instagram

Built in 1886, this home belonged to one of Georgetown’s most active residents, former mayor William Doyle Morgan. Morgan was instrumental in securing a modern water and sewage system, installing electric lights, paving streets and sidewalks, and deepening Winyah Bay

Posted in Instagram

The Carpenter Building was built in 1900

Posted in Instagram

The Novit-Siegel Building is a 1890 brick building that began life as Zalin’s Department Store. About 1918, Albert Novit moved to Walterboro and opened his emporium down the street. In the 1930s he moved the operation into this building. Novit’s Department Store became Novit-Siegel when Sam Siegel of Anderson married into the family business