Whitehall (later called Honeysuckle Acres) was built in 1927 by local banker Charles Finch Elliot and his wife Katherine Flenniken Elliot. Charles, as his father before him, was president of the Bank of Winnsboro. The Elliots ordered and designed plans of historic homes and carefully designed the woodwork and grand staircase in this home to conform to historic patterns. The property originally included the house and 64 acres, along with two smaller homes for household help. In 1932, the Elliots lost both the house and the bank during the Great Depression. The property was named Whitehall by a later owner. The house contains a 40 foot ballroom on the first floor which is still used for entertaining. The antique window cornices in the ballroom were originally installed in the Lace House (circa 1854), the original Governor’s Mansion in Columbia.