The Belk-Hudson/Palmetto Building was built ca. 1880. The property’s first documented tenant was the Palmetto Hotel. The hotel only lasted until 1893, and by 1898 the building was being called the Palmetto Building. The early building housed several businesses including Cecil Business School and the Central National Bank. By the 1950’s, the major main floor plan was supporting the Belk-Hudson store (now know as Belk’s).
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina