The Town of Rowesville Town Hall was completed in 2019 and designed to look like a old train station. During the 1700s, one road led from Orangeburgh District to Charles Towne. An artesian well on the edge of Michael Christopher Rowe’s plantation was fitted with a pump and was known as Rowes Pump. A village grew around that pump and in the 1840s, the Branchville & Columbia Railroad built a depot at the Rowes Pump, calling it Rowes Pump Station. The town was incorporated in 1876 as Rowes Pump and later renamed Rowesville.
Location: Rowesville, South Carolina.