On Saturdays, beginning in the late 1920’s, farmers began selling produce from a shed behind the Public Works building on Newberry Street. Farmers’ wives, who were part of the Aiken County Council of Farm Women, organized the Club Market, Sept. 4, 1930. By 1951 both venues were struggling to stay open, so they joined forces. By 1954 the farmers and their families built the 45 tables, which are still used today making this the oldest continuous operation at the same location in SC.
Photo taken at: Aiken County Farmers Market, Aiken, South Carolina