These brick buildings were erected in 1886 by John J. Smith as a 1 story commercial building and expanded to 2 stories in 1906. The building on the left was the home of Smith’s store. The second floor was an opera house and Town Hall, then the 3rd floor as a Masonic Hall. The right building was used as Clover Drug Store, the Bank of Clover, and legal and medical offices on the second floor.
Photo taken at: Clover, South Carolina