The Ney School was started in 1843 as a plantation schoolhouse for the Robert Rogers family. The school was named after the Peter Stuart Ney, the original teacher. The original building was relocated here in 1870 and renamed the Back Swamp School in 1921 when this building was built. The school closed in 1950. The building is now used as a community center.
Location: Florence, South Carolina