Darlington County was established in 1785 and a courthouse was built shortly after. A fire destroyed that original building in 1806. A second courthouse, either built or designed by South Carolina architect Robert Mills, replaced it but also burned in 1866. The third courthouse was built in 1873 with a dome added in 1904. This current courthouse pictured above, was built in 1964.
Location: Darlington, South Carolina