The Columbia Hydro Plant was built in 1896. It was originally built to supply power the Columbia Mill, or Duck Mill (The building is now the State Museum.) The City of Columbia became the owner of the plant in 2002, but continued to be run by its former owner, SCE&G. In 2011, the city of Columbia hired Lockhart Power to run the plant.
Location: Columbia, South Carolina