The Darlington Hardware and Darlington Barbershop was built in 1932. Mr. Doyal opened the Darlington Barber Shop. The barber shop was later owned by Otis Prevatte and then Arthur Hammonds. The hardware store was later ran by W.J. Dickson starting in 1956. The building was built on the site of a hotel that burned in 1930. The building suffered a fire earlier on July 16th and was deemed a total loss. The Jeweler’s Bench was operated in downtown Darlington for 30 years.
Location: Darlington, South Carolina.