This commercial building in Adamsburg was built ca. 1900. The building has faded painted lettering that say “Grocery.” Based on business directories, in 1920 it was likely incorporated as F.M Adams & Sons General Merchandise.
According to locals, the store belonged to Mr. Ben Adams. It then became Nance Bros. Mercantile. After his death it was eventually sold to J.G. Sprouse.
Location: Adamsburg, South Carolina