The Farmers & Merchants Bank was established in 1906. This building was built ca. 1911 and combined with the Chatfield Building, which was built in 1898. Over its 75-plus years, the Farmers & Merchants Bank had only three presidents, all members of the McNair family. Farmers & Merchants was acquired by NationsBank of South Carolina in 1983, which was acquired by Bank of America in 1984.
Location: Aiken, South Carolina