The Alexander House was built in 1904 for John A. Walker, a merchant who owned a shoe store on Spartanburg’s Morgan Square. The home was sold by Walker in 1905 to W.C. Carrington, a Spartanburg salesman, who sold it to Alonzo Marshall Alexander, a prominent merchant, $10,000 in 1907. In 1969 the residence was converted by Alexander’s grandson to a musical instruments store. The home is now the Inn On Main Of Spartanburg.
Location: 319 East Main St., Spartanburg, South Carolina