The Timrod Library was built in 1910 by the Timrod Library Association, which was established by the woman of Woodruff in 1902. The Timrod Library was the first branch to join the Spartanburg County Public Library system in 1950. The library was replaced in 1975 with an new library. In 2007, the building was renovated and restored.
While this library did not explicitly list the namesake, there are multiple Timrod Libraries that are named for Henry Timrod. Timrod is a South Carolina poet known for confederacy inspired writings and the lyrics for the official SC state song.
Photo taken at: Woodruff, South Carolina