The Novit-Siegel Building is a 1890 brick building that began life as Zalin’s Department Store. About 1918, Albert Novit moved to Walterboro and opened his emporium down the street. In the 1930s he moved the operation into this building. Novit’s Department Store became Novit-Siegel when Sam Siegel of Anderson married into the family business.
Photo taken at: Washington street antiques