Dixie Highway Hotel opened December 15, 1920 to replace the old Ryan Hotel that burned down in 1892. It was a 30 room hotel with ground floor businesses of the Economy Store and the Dixie Highway Pharmacy. It was renamed the Plantation House and used as a veteran’s home in the 1960s-1970s. It currently is called the Edgefield Hotel and is waiting to be restored.
Photo taken at: Edgefield, South Carolina