Wilson Hall was originally built in 1889 to house Converse College. An annex added in 1891. In January 1892, the building burned, but the annex survived. In 1929, the main building was named Wilson Hall for the school’s first president, the Reverend B.F. Wilson.
Converse College (now University), is a women’s liberal arts college named for textile magnate Dexter Converse, who ran several area cotton mills such as Glendale Mill and Clifton Mill.
Photo taken at: Converse College, Spartanburg, South Carolina