The Jasper County Courthouse was built in 1915. It was designed by Darlington native William Augustus Edwards (he also designed 8 other SC courthouses like Abbeville, Sumter, Dillon, and Calhoun). Jasper County was created in 1912 from portions of Hampton and Beaufort County this is its first and only courthouse. The county was named for Revolutionary War hero, Sergeant William Jasper who served under Francis Marion.
Location: Ridgeland, South Carolina