The White-Mitchell House was built ca. 1870-1880 either built by and/or expanded (in 1895) by M. Toney Turner for James Hardy White. James’ daughter Harriet (Hallie) Houck White married Dr. Thomas (Tom) Milton Mitchell and they eventually lived in the home. The home reportedly has the first indoor bathroom in Johnston. After the Mitchells died, the property was sold, and the house was moved to its present location.
Location: Johnston, South Carolina