The James W. Dillon House was built in 1890 for James W. Dillon, founder of the town and man for whom the county was named. In 1888, Dillon acquired forty acres of land in what is now the city of Dillon. Simultaneously the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad Company began plans for extending its rail line from Wilson, North Carolina to the Pee Dee region of South Carolina. Dillon offered the railroad company fifty percent interest in his land if it would route the railroad through this forty-acre tract.
Location: Dillion, South Carolina