The Shannon Building was built ca. 1910 for H. Wesley Shannon and James D. Hope. In 1918, Mrs. J. A Shannon taught business courses here. in the 1920s, George A. Plexico moved his dry goods and drugstore from nextdoor into this building. The building then was used for a dress shop and then a furniture store before becoming a body shop.