The Efron House, also known as the Carriage House Inn, was built ca. 1872-1895. The Isadore Efron ran a garage behind the house as well as a limousine and taxi service. Isadore Efron moved to Aiken from St. Louis with his mother, Ida Surasky Efron, and siblings Annie, Dinnie, and Lillian. Ida’s brothers were all merchants in Aiken, and helped Ida care for her young children after her husband’s death.
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Note: SC Historic Property Records lists as ca 1895, but Carriage Inn website say ca. 1872.