The Miller Chapel A.M.E. Church was founded in 1867 and the core of this building was built ca. 1869. The church was established after Carolina Brown and Winnie Simmons attended the South Carolina Conference of the A.M.E. Church to asked for a congregation to be established in Newberry. Brown and Simmons returned from Columbia with the Rev. Simeon Miller, who would be the first pastor of the church and the namesake for the church.
Location: Newberry, South Carolina