The Welsh Neck Baptist Church was established in 1738. The congregation is considered the one of the oldest dissenter congregations in South Carolina, meaning dissenting from England to practice a freedom of religion. The church is also important because it has maintained an enormous amount of printed records. The church was relocated to the present location in 1798. This current sanctuary was built in 1938 and is the third sanctuary built on this site.
Location: Society Hill, South Carolina.