Greenwood Hall of Lander University was built in 1903-04. Methodist minister Samuel Lander founded Lander College in Williamston in 1872 as Williamston Female College. The South Carolina Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, assumed control of the college in 1898. As the college prospered it became necessary for the physical plant to expand and the city of Greenwood offered land and financial incentives for the institution to relocate in 1903.
Location: Greenwood, South Carolina