The Nickels-Milam house was built ca. 1828 by Dr. John Nickels, a prominent and wealthy figure in the Lisbon community. By 1850, Nickels estate included 2,425 acres of land and 78 enslaved people. The family of Dr. Nickels was instrumental in the founding of Lisbon Presbyterian Church. Around 1920 it was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Charles L. Milam. Mr. Milam represented the Laurens County government in the South Carolina House of Representatives from 1937 to 1956.
Location: Lisbon (historic name) now Mountville, South Carolina (near Laurens)