The Dr. George Young Hunter House (also known as the Hunter-Fellers House) was built ca. 1890 and remodeled in 1946. Dr. Hunter was president of the Bank of Prosperity and a major benefactor of the Hunter-DeWalt School (also known as the Jolly Street School). Dr. Hunter graduated from South Carolina College and studied medicine at Tulane University in New Orleans.
Location: Prosperity, South Carolina