The Lydia Plantation is the home of the Benjamin Sydney Josey House, built in 1910. Much of the buildings on the plantation were built by Dr. Christopher J. Flinn after he purchased the property in 1849. Dr. Flinn built a doctors office onsite that served the Lydia area. The plantation also has the B.S. Josey Store that started serving the workers of the plantation in 1915.