The Sibley Mill and Confederate Powder Works Chimney is located less than a mile outside of South Carolina (Augusta, Georgia). The chimney is the remains of the Confederate Powder Works, (built in 1862) which was the only grand building built by the Confederacy. It produced gun powder for the war effort. After the war, the US Government tore down the building, but left the chimney. The bricks were re-used to build the Sibley Mill between 1880 and 1882. The mill would eventually be acquired by the Graniteville company (based in Graniteville, SC).