The Jacob Kelley House started as a log home that predates 1830. The home was enlarged, weatherboarded, and a second story added circa 1830-1840. It was the home of Jacob Kelley, a prominent early settler and founder of the small agricultural community, Kelley Town. Its military significance stems from its use as headquarters for the Union troops of Gen. John E. Smith, Commander of the 3rd Division, 15th Army Corps, in March 1865.
Location: Kellytown, South Carolina (near Hartsville)