1209, 1211, & 1213 Main Street in Newberry were built ca. 1880.
1209 – The building has windows masked from the exterior was historically known as the home for Garner’s Shoes.
1211 – The building has elaborate corbelled brick cornice with segmental tin “eyebrows.” The store was the home of Cooper Cuts the Price in the early 1900s.
1213 – The building’s the upper portions of the window sashes have been bricked. The historical survey did not note that this building also have “eyebrows,” but clearly it does. When did eyebrows become an architectural term?
Instagram filter used: Normal
Photo taken at: Newberry, South Carolina