Rose’s Hotel was built ca. 1852 by Dr. E. A. Crenshaw. It was sold to Columbia hotelier William E. Rose in 1853. Rose’s Hotel was referred to in the Low Country as one of the most palatial hotels in the Upcountry. Rose was president of the King’s Mountain Railroad and owned 7 hotels in Columbia, SC including the Congaree Hotel.
Photo taken at: York, South Carolina