The Spencer House was constructed ca. 1845. It was constructed by Charles Spencer, a leading Bishopville merchant of the nineteenth century. Spencer, a native of Connecticut, moved to Bishopville in the early 1840s and along with his partner and relative, William Rogers, he operated one of Bishopville’s most prominent stores of the mid-nineteenth century. Spencer also served as Bishopville’s postmaster from 1845 to 1866.
Photo taken at: Bishopville, South Carolina