Hames Wholesale Grocery is a two-part commercial structure. The two-story portion was built in 1878 as a warehouse by the TC Duncan Family and rented to the Hames family. The building was later sold to the Hames and the three-story addition built in 1911. Hames Grocery was run by L. J. Hames from 1878 until his sudden death in 1925. The building was used by various wholesale grocers including the Eagle Company, which closed in 1985.
Photo taken at: Union, South Carolina