The Lockhart Canal, designed by Robert Mills, was completed in 1823. The canal operated until 1849. The Lockhart Mill began operations in 1894 and continued until 1994. This bridge over the canal led to the Mill located on the land between the canal and the Broad River. The canal is still used for hydro power.
Photo taken at: Lockhart, South Carolina