The Bailey-Vance House was built in 1892 by William J. Bailey. William was the son M.S. Bailey, President of 2 Cotton mills in Clinton. The home was rebuilt in 1915 after a fire and renovated in the 1950’s. The home was later owned by the grandson of M.S. Bailey, Robert Mercer Vance (1916-2002) and his wife Virginia Gray Vance. Mr. Vance received 17 battle stars for meritorious military service while he served in the Navy.
Photo taken at: Clinton, South Carolina