Presbyterian College was founded in 1880 by the Rev. William Plumer Jacobs. He had served as the pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Clinton since 1864, and founded the Thornwell Orphanage. Originally called Clinton College, its first class graduated in 1883.
Neville Hall, originally known as the Administration Building, was built in 1907 and designed by Charles Coker Wilson. In 1944, the building was renamed in honor of the memory of William G. Neville, the college president at the time of the building’s construction.
Photo taken at: Presbyterian College, Clinton, South Carolina