Posted in Instagram Spartanburg County

The Timrod Library was built in 1910 by the Timrod Library Association, which was established by the woman of Woodruff in 1902. The Timrod Library was the first branch to join the Spartanburg County Public Library system in 1950. The library was replaced in 1975 with an new library. In 2007, the building was renovated and restored

Posted in Georgetown County Instagram

The P. C. J. Weston House – Pelican Inn

Posted in Instagram

The William Harrison Sapp House was built about 1897, and expanded in 1912. Dr. William Harrison Sapp was a prominent local physician and the intersection he lived at was called Sapp’s Crossroads because of him. After William’s death, his son Eugene Vance Sapp, a teacher and a former Lancaster County School Board member, lived in the house until his death in 1995

Posted in Aiken County Instagram

The St. John UMC in Graniteville was completed in 1848 and was designed by J. B. White of Charleston. Graniteville founder, William Gregg, donated the land to churches if they utilized reputable architects to design the church

Posted in Anderson County Instagram

These buildings were built in 1905 and housed the first “moving picture” theater in Anderson

Posted in Instagram

The Pine Grove Rosenwald School in the St. Andrews area of Columbia was built in 1923. The layout of the Pine Grove Rosenwald School is a variant of the two-room schoolhouse published as Rosenwald Community School Plan No. 2-C

Posted in Instagram

A view of the Broad River from Riverfront Park in Columbia, SC

Posted in Colleton County Instagram

The von Lehe House was built in 1914 by a northern lawyer in 1914. This was the home of John D. von Lehe, a farmer and merchant. Von Lehe was born in Oconee County and moved to Walterboro after purchasing the Rock Spring Plantation in the 1900s

Posted in Darlington County Instagram

The Coggeshall Building was built ca. 1905. The Coggeshall family opened their dry goods store beginning in 1893 and moved to this building in the first decade of the twentieth century. It was the second oldest general merchandise store in the county. The family operated the store until the 1980s. The building was damaged in fires in 1925 and 1995, mostly on the second floor

Posted in Instagram

This building was built for the L. W. Dickerson & Co.’s Furniture store in 1912. It was used primarily as a series of furniture stores, including Rustin’s and an early location for Haverty’s in 1917